State Construction Permit

Projects disturbing one acre or more of surface, or less than an acre but part of a larger plan of development or sale, are required to file for a permit with the State of California.

"Disturb" refers to grading clearing (removal of vegetation), excavation, stockpiling, storage of machinery, and/or replacement of paved or impervious areas.

The State Water Resources Control Board adopted a revised Construction General Permit which took effect July 1, 2010. This permit involves significant new requirements.

Read the fact sheet about the new permit or see all provisions.